It was Mother’s Day and I had to make my own lunch, so I wanted something quick and easy yet indulgent without being unhealthy. For days I had been craving the combination of lobster and avocado, so I whipped this up for my girls and me, and guess what? We ate the whole thing!
The key to making it special is adding some fresh herbs. I happened to have some fresh lemon verbena growing, and that truly made it divine (hint of Australia and lemon myrtle—no, they are not the same thing—I checked.) But you can add WHATEVER YOU WANT! Pretend it’s Mother’s Day whenever. This does seem like a perfect dish for easy entertaining, too.
Lobster Avocado Salad
- Precooked lobster meat
- Pine nuts
- Herbs (basil, dill, lemon verbena!!!!)
- ½ lemon
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- ½ lemon (juice and zest if you like)
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- Get a platter and layer the lettuce, cut-up vegetables, avocado (douse in lemon juice to keep the flesh from turning brown), and lobster, using amounts to your taste.
- Toast the pine nuts and put them on top.
- Garnish with the fresh herbs and pour the dressing over top.
- Serve and devour!
Yes, it’s that easy.