I love beaches…especially those in the Caribbean! And I love all the wonderful things that beaches and oceans have to offer. So in honor of World Oceans Day—which is this Monday—I’m sharing five of my favorite beach essentials that are safe for you, the planet, and our oceans. Because we need healthy oceans to have a healthy planet!
1. Organic Cotton Graphic Beach Towel. The base of every beach trip is the towel…literally! And this organic cotton beach towel is one of my favorites.
2. Lightweight Printed Wrap Scarf. Give a plain T-shirt or beach cover-up a pop of color with this versatile, multicolored printed scarf with tassel fringe. Constructed of soft and fluid Lenzing Modal, this scarf completes your look in an instant and feels so good against your skin. The large size makes it ideal to drape over your shoulders on a chilly evening, and it can even be unfolded and used as an impromptu beach blanket or towel.
3. Starfish Cuff Bracelet. This bold, eye-catching, and textured cuff is made from reclaimed metal. It adds an element of style to any outfit. Wear out on the boardwalk at night or back in the office to remind you of sandier days by the sea.
4. Organic Centrifuged Coconut Oil. After a day out in the sun and surf, soothe your skin with my favorite moisturizer of all time: organic coconut oil.
5. Handmade World Traveler Mudcloth Tote. From beach essentials to groceries to everyday items, this stylish tote bag was made for convenience; it opens to become huge enough to carry everything you need and is sturdy enough to hold it all. Each one is handmade by global artisans in Mali using traditional mudcloth techniques and natural mud dye.
Have a happy World Oceans Day!