I’ve been blogging for about two years now, and it’s time to step up my game—with a newsletter! I really love blogging. It’s the perfect creative outlet for all my diverse interests—whether it’s organic tirades, utterly simple and yummiful recipes, or insights into my eclectic reading and musical tastes. And whether you read these posts right on my mariasfarmcountrykitchen.com blog, the Huffington Post, Care2.com, or Facebook or Twitter, or some random linkage, the truth is, I want you to be counted. I want to know that you are with me!
So here are my top 10 reasons to sign up for my newsletter:
1. It’s free. For many people, that alone should be enough. But I know you all need more reasons than that!
2. You won’t miss anything. It’s hard to keep up with everything in this crazy, media-frenzied world. Sign up, and you’ll get one email a week that tells you what I’ve posted, so if you missed something good, you can easily find it.
3. I need 1,000 people before anyone can get it at all. Sad but true. It has something to do with programming or business priorities or something. But NO ONE can get my newsletter until there are at least 1,000 of you on board. So for the sake of everyone, please sign up!
4. I’m going to pick a Comment of the Week from a reader, and it could be you! I love to hear what you all have to say, and your comments are well worth sharing. I read every single comment and value all your thoughts and insights. Keep on sharing!
5. There will be a Quote of the Week, taken from interesting stuff I’ve been reading and people I admire and respect. This may seem like a minor thing to you, but sometimes I read things that are just worth sharing, in and of themselves. They’re funny or insightful or just plain true. I promise this will make you think (in a good way!).
6. If you sign up by the end of July 2011, you may be eligible to win a basket of a few of my favorite things! We will pick a lucky winner from among everyone who signs up; the winner will receive a gift basket put together by the incredibly talented Mark Kintzel, and filled with some of my very favorite organic things, which I know you will enjoy!
7. It will make me happy. Hey, I don’t ask for much. I don’t get paid for writing three (original!) blog posts a week. And for two years, I haven’t even taken a break! I need to know that you want me to keep writing. When you sign up for my newsletter, it will make me happy.
8. It might make you happy, too. Seriously, at its essence, this blog is about creating a happy place to share ideas, recipes, insights, and hope for a better world.
9. I’ll be able to send you special alerts—and I promise I won’t abuse that privilege. If something really special or important happens, I can let you know—and I think you will want to know because I have some really cool stuff planned for this year and next!
10. You won’t miss any of my special guest bloggers, or the musical guests who come over to my back porch! I’m so thrilled and honored by all the people who are willing to write for, or be interviewed for, my blog. The list of people is incredible and inspiring. Maybe one day I’ll even get Bob Dylan! Now…you don’t want to miss that, do you?!
Thank you for all your support and readership. It means a lot to me.
Want to see what else Maria is up to? Sign up today to receive Maria’s Farm Country Kitchen Second Helping newsletter delivered free to your inbox every Wednesday starting the week of July 11.
To celebrate, we’re hosting a giveaway-a-day until the unveiling of her newsletter on July 11! Enter for a chance to win Maria’s Healthy Meals kit, which includes a copy of Come to The Table, 2 LunchSkins and 1 LunchBot. Email as described below before July 7, 2011.
1. Email email@example.com with Maria’s Farm Country Kitchen Healthy Meals Sweepstakes in the subject line. Include your first and last name, complete home mailing address, daytime telephone number and date of birth.
Minimal Disclosure: No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. Maria’s Farm Country Kitchen Healthy Meals begins at 7:30am EST on July 6, 2011 and ends at 11:59 pm EST on July 6, 2011. Must be 18 and legal resident of 50 United States or DC. For Official Rules, go here. Rodale Inc., 400 South 10th St., Emmaus, PA 18098 is the operator of the sweepstakes.