by the Rodale’s team
Apple season is now in full swing, and we’re ready to celebrate! Ready to get in on the fun, but want to do more than just bake another apple pie? Here are 6 fun (and somewhat unique) ways to get the most out of the most delicious time of the year.
1. Go apple picking! Not so unique, but always fun. Apple picking is a great activity for the whole family to enjoy. But while your local organic orchard is likely to provide baskets and pickers to help you get all the apples you need, there’s one thing you have to supply for yourself: a cozy sweater! Our pick for the perfect apple-pickin’ look is the Long Sleeve Marled Turtleneck Sweater because it is super soft and figure flattering and will keep away the chill while you’re sipping cider and searching for shiny apples.
2. Create an apple still life. Once you’ve picked your bucket of apples, you have to store them somewhere. To us, there’s nothing prettier than a giant bowlful of apples on the counter or dining room table. This handcrafted Italian Glazed Splatter Bowl does the trick so beautifully you won’t even want to eat the apples.
3. Stir up spicy hot apple cider. Hot apple cider is a must for fall. And the good news is, it’s super easy to make. Here’s a great recipe, which is made even simpler with this Organic Mulling Spice Kit.
4. Make Apple Granola Cookies. Take any old granola cookie recipe and swap out the plain granola for Little Apple Organic Granola. Your taste buds will thank you!
5. Cleanse and hydrate your face! Yes, you read that right. Now you can use the power of apples to naturally exfoliate and hydrate your face with Intelligent Nutrients’ Organic Anti-Aging Face Cleanser and S.W. Basics of Brooklyn’s Facial Toner. The creamy, lotion-based cleanser is made from food-grade organic apple juice, while the toner is created with organic apple cider vinegar. Add these apple-based products to your beauty routine to let your skin enjoy the benefits of apple season just as much as your tummy does.
6. Whip up an Apple-Walnut Salad with Apple Salad Dressing. What’s the perfect addition to a fall salad? An apple dressing. Go beyond chunks of apples in your greens by combining ½ cup Organic Apple Balsamic Vinegar (produced from cold-pressed organic Trentino apples) with 2/3 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Toss the dressing with romaine lettuce, crumbled gorgonzola cheese, chopped walnuts, sliced apples, and thinly sliced red onions for a delicious autumnal salad that’s sure to wow your family and friends.
Happy apple picking, eating, mixing, drinking, and cleansing!
What are some ways YOU celebrate apple season? Let us know in the comments!