by the Rodale’s team
It’s seed buying season! That lovely time of year where we can forget, even for just a few moments, that it’s cold and snowy out. A time when we can sit and imagine our yards once again dripping in sunshine and greenery, filled with bees and flowers and the sweet smells of earth and dew.
To help prepare you for the promised land of your springtime garden, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite garden supplies that are sure to awaken the hibernating gardener inside you!
Organic Garden Inspiration for Spring 2015:
- Motivated to start planting your first organic garden? Or looking for more information to take your garden up a notch? Rodale’s Basic Organic Gardening covers a multitude of general garden-building skills and techniques presented in growing-season order—from garden planning and planting to growing and harvesting.
- Armed with information and a gaggle of lovely seeds, you need somewhere to store your packets until sowing time! As you plan your garden, save your seeds in this handsome Wooden Seed Storage Box and envision the beauty that will burst into life come springtime.
- Seed catalogs have you overwhelmed? Not sure where to start? This Farm to Table Garden Kit is here to help! Fresh cooking is a cinch to master when you have an herb garden within arm’s reach, and this kit will help you grow one with ease. It includes organic seeds and instructions for cultivating a variety of the best organic herbs—no prior experience required!
- Bought your seeds, started the seedlings, now planning out your garden space? Clearly mark perennials or new plants with this Reusable Plant Labeling Set. The small or jumbo labels have a tapered shape that makes them easy to drive into the dirt. Attach the pre-drilled tags to bushes and shrubs for instant identification. Made from thick and durable oak, each piece can be labeled with the included marker then lightly sanded down to reuse season after season.
- Want a plant that keeps on giving? This Flowering Potato Plants Growing Kit offers a collection of gourmet potato varieties in selected for their beautiful blossoms and fragrances. A unique combination with the benefit that midseason, you and your family will enjoy beautiful potato blooms in a lovely range of hues from blue to pink to white, and will then be able to harvest delicious spuds when the time is right, whether from your garden bed or container or pot.