This time of year feels so busy, so rushed, so filled with everything happening at once, both indoors and out, at home, school, work and play. Thank goodness for Mother’s Day right in the middle of it all. I might just get a chance to take a break. Who knows how the day will actually turn out, but it can’t hurt to dream a little, right? So here are the top ten things I want for Mother’s Day this year.
1. I want coffee that’s already made when I wake up, and I want to take it outside and drink it without any interruptions.
2. I want everyone to wash their hands…with soap!
3. I want all the weeds in the garden to magically disappear.
4. I want Lucia to miraculously commit to becoming potty trained so I can get rid of those mangled diaper changing stations once and for all.
5. I want world peace and the end of famine.
6. I want the house straightened up this instant (or preferably, the day before Mother’s Day so I can wake up to a totally straightened up house).
7. I want the dog not to barf in the house, poop right in the middle of the lawn, or lay on my white chair after playing in the mud puddles.
8. I want to take a nap.
9. I want hugs, kisses, snuggles and laughter.
10. I want to enjoy the day, the moment in time, even if it’s not perfect…
What do you want?