by the Rodale’s content team
This sweet little dessert is the perfect treat to whip up for your sweetheart. Or simply make it for yourself anytime a chocolate craving hits!
Sweet & Simple Mug Brownie
- ¼ cup organic all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup organic brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons organic butter, melted (make your own with this Homemade Butter Churn) or organic vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons organic milk
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chocolate of your choice
- Dash of salt
- Mix ingredients together in a mug. Whisk until smooth.
- Microwave for 30 to 90 seconds (checking in after the first 30). The center should be slightly gooey—be careful not to overcook or to burn yourself, as the brownie will be hot.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and heart-shaped sprinkles, and serve to your loved one or enjoy it yourself.