by Shelbi Stoneback, content manager at Rodale’s
This is the perfect trail mix recipe to enjoy by the campfire or out on the trails. But if outdoor adventures aren’t your thing, this snack also makes a deliciously nutritious movie-watching treat.
- 2 cups freshly popped organic popcorn (have fun popping over a fire with this Old Fashioned Popcorn Popper)
- 1 small handful of almonds
- 1 small handful of Goji Berries
- 1 small handful of Cacao Nibs
- ¼ cup pretzels, crushed into bite-size pieces
- Pinch of cinnamon
1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and enjoy.
2. Store in reusable zip-locking bags for camping, hiking, and snacking!
The almonds are a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamin E, while the Goji berries pack the protein boost of 18 amino acids. The cocoa nibs not only taste yummy, but they also deliver antioxidants, magnesium, iron, and potassium to help keep you going through any adventure.
Shelbi Stoneback is the Rodale’s content manager, spending her days overseeing all things copy related. In sixth grade, she started a juice box recycling campaign at her elementary school and has been championing sustainability and organic living ever since. She’s a hand model, loud whistler, polar plunger, and an avid sea glass collector and treasure hunter, with the prides of her collection being a great white shark tooth fossil, a message in a bottle, and several 19th-century pot lids.