There’s still a good chunk of summertime left, which means there’s still plenty of summer fun to be had (and watermelons to be eaten)!
Below are a few of my favorite summer things and ideas for using them. I hope they inspire you to get out and enjoy the season before fall comes around and spoils the fun…
1. Install an outdoor swing in a tree! There’s nothing like swinging in the shade on a bright and sunny summer day. My favorite? This Daydreamer Tree Swing made from reclaimed wood and made in the USA. Its timeless simplicity and classic look make me want to swing and daydream all day long…
2. Make s’mores outside! There’s nothing like a good s’more assembled by a campfire with family and friends. Make yours unforgettable by adding a dab of this Organic Caramel Sauce on top of your chocolate. The rich, indulgent flavor and a hint of Pacific sea salt will take your s’mores (or sundaes, milkshakes, or waffles) to the next level. Yum!
3. Have a backyard dinner party! Adorn your table with fresh flowers (here are my favorites) and nature-themed centerpieces; light the yard with lanterns; and serve organic summer dishes on sustainable platters. This Mango Wood Lazy Susan is one of my favorites; it makes for a great presentation for appetizers and desserts.
4. Draw on the sidewalk! Nothing says summer like a driveway game of hopscotch or rainbows on sidewalks. Use Veggie Sidewalk Chalk to keep your art natural and organic.
5. Take a bath…outside! OK, this one might not be super easy to accomplish, but it’s worth the trouble. At Esalen, there were claw-foot bathtubs out on decks, and it was pure magic. So if you get the chance, take it—you won’t be disappointed. And don’t forget the Sea Bath Soak!
Have a wonderful August! And find more fun summer things at Rodale’s.