Remember when you were a kid and you got all hot and sweaty from running around outside, and you smelled like crushed grass, dirt, and salt, and you were so hungry, hot, and thirsty, and then you got an orange cream popsicle and you knew in your soul that summer was good? Remember that? I do.
The Float of the Month for August evokes that same childhood summer joy, and hits the spot on a hot summer day, night, or even morning if you dare. I use Izze sodas, but I wish the brand were organic. At least they are fruit-based and don’t contain any high-fructose corn syrup. But if you can find an organic orange soda, go for it!
Orange Cream Float
- 1 clementine flavor Izze soda
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 slice fresh orange (or lime, for a twist!)
- 1 straw
1. Fill a large glass halfway with ice. The ice dilutes the sweetness of the soda and ice cream and makes sure that it’s all cold, cold, cold which I love, love, love.
2. Add the soda to almost the top of the glass.
3. Next, add one scoop of ice cream.
4. Use a slice of orange or lime as a garnish (the fresh scent adds to the citrusy-ness of it all).
5. Mix it a bit, and wait a minute to let the ice cream melt into the soda.
6. Add straw.
7. Slurp it down! (Or up?)