by guest blogger Mark Kintzel, designer
Summertime is all about being outdoors and outdoor entertaining! When setting your outdoor table, create an amazing and unique tablescape by following these few simple steps.
DIY Natural Place Card Holders
- Rocks (you can use small rocks found in your backyard, by a river, or pick up a bag at your local craft store)
- Sharpie pen (I purchased mine at Dick Blick Art Materials)
- Strong adhesive
Here’s how you do it:
You may see a pile of rocks, but I see place card holders!
- Simply place a dab of adhesive between two rocks of similar size and let dry overnight. Remember to leave enough space between the two rocks to hold a piece of paper or leaf.
- Once the rocks are dried, write your guests’ names on the leaves and place in between the rocks (I used a white Sharpie pen).
- Place on tables and enjoy!
Super easy and elegant.
Happy summer and happy crafting!
Mark Kintzel comes from a long line of crafters, artists, musicians, and farm folk. He first came under the magic spell of flowers while wandering through meadows near his grandparents’ farm in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania, as a boy. His appreciation for creativity and flowers grew throughout the years, and he now specializes in event planning and styling, garden design, and organic floral arrangements for just about any occasion. See more at markkintzel.com.