Recipe from the Rodale’s Recipe Finder
Now is the time to enjoy fresh and organic salads! Just don’t forget about summer fruit, which can pair just as perfectly in a salad as lettuce or tomatoes.
In the following easy to make summer salad recipe, a classic combination of melon and cheese makes for a delightful and refreshing treat that’s perfect for parties on hot and sunny days.
Watermelon and Feta Salad
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or cut into small cubes
- In a medium bowl, whisk the lime juice, orange juice, shallots, and salt. Gradually whisk in the oil.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, watermelon, mint, and feta. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately, or leave off the dressing, cover, and refrigerate for up to 2 days.