Happy New Year, Dear Reader! I hope you’ve had a wonderful holiday season. Now that the festivities have come and gone, hopefully things will calm down for a bit so you we can all recharge. This is why I love the start of a new year; it’s like pressing the reset button. These first few days of a new year are made for hitting your own personal reset button and treating yourself to some relaxing days hibernating in your home and thinking about what you want to accomplish in the year ahead.
So in the spirit of resetting and renewal, here are five of my favorite “treat yourself” organic bath and beauty products. They’re perfect for easing into 2016, along with a good book, some relaxing music, a comfy robe and pjs, and a little dedicated me-time…
1. Organic Raw Fair Trade Coconut Oil. Organic coconut oil is my favorite beauty product! It’s one of the most versatile ingredients. It can be used as a facial moisturizer, body moisturizer, makeup remover, deep-conditioning hair treatment, shaving balm, and so much more. And this is one of my favorite brands.
2. Organic Coconut Charcoal Face Mask. Give your skin a fresh new start at the new year with this coconut-and-charcoal purifying face mask. Detoxifying and rejuvenating ingredients are combined to gently draw out toxins and impurities, exfoliate, and absorb excess oil while maintaining skin’s moisture balance.
3. Dry Brush and Oil Kit. Renew problem skin with this dry-brushing kit designed to treat cellulite, varicose veins, and other issues all over the body. The grapefruit and neroli blossom oil includes a lightweight blend of organic essential oils that promote circulation and cell regeneration, while plant-powered carrier oils gently tighten, nourish, and soften the skin.
4. Organic Detox Neem + Charcoal Facial Soap. This natural soap is handcrafted with activated charcoal, a special ingredient that is naturally deodorizing and known to draw out impurities, and anti-inflammatory and antiseptic neem oil, an ayurvedic favorite for people with skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis. Added essential oils of patchouli, rosewood, and orange also help balance problematic skin.
5. Organic Lemongrass Body Cream. This easy-to-use cream provides maximum moisture for fortified, healthy, and toned skin. Even better, its high vitamin E content provides a mild sunscreen and repairs damage caused by the elements.