When my daughter Lucia asked for vanilla cupcakes for her birthday, I had to figure out how to make them myself. Luckily, they turned out great. Actually, everyone was kind of shocked at just how good they turned out to be, especially because I cut the sugar in half!
I made these in mini cupcake tins, and the tops round up so nicely (no shrinkage!). Topped with my vanilla and chocolate icing (which I made by just adding a melted chocolate bar to the vanilla icing recipe), we were good to go. I thought I had made too many, but by the next day they were all gone.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups white flour
- 1¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add all the ingredients to a bowl; mix well with a spoon or whisk.
3. Scoop the batter into a cupcake tin (either mini or full size) lined with cupcake liners sprayed with some coconut oil so the paper peels off nicely. Make sure to only fill each cup ¾ of the way.
4. Bake until done (when a knife comes out clean), which for the minis is typically 15 to 20 minutes, and for the full-sized cupcakes, 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Let cool, ice as desired, and enjoy!
Note: I’m sure you could also make a cake with this recipe.